Does one size fit all?
In CIO and CFO circles there are valid arguments to 'standardize on one enterprise platform.' But in the realm of Business Intelligence there are some subtle and not so subtle differences between various segments.
Consider the standard types of "Business Intelligence"
1. Management Intelligence -- are we running the business according to plan?
2. Operational Intelligence -- are the processes working correctly?
3. Customer Intelligence -- how does marketing impact customer behavior?
4. Market Intelligence -- where are we headed?
5. Competitive Intelligence -- how do we fare with respect to the other guys?
I'm still hard pressed to think that one platform can support all of those needs. Technology is versatile, not omnipotent.