There are numerous posts and articles on the marketing trends for next year that provide better insights than I ever could; examples include:
- A collection of Consumer Trends from trendwatching.
- The five digital trends from Mashable's presentation at ThinkLA's Trends Breakfast
- A compendium of Social Marketing thoughts: with a good summary by Brian Solis
- We won't be able to glean game-changing insights from all the data.
- We won't think or act like consumers.
Since companies aren't created equal, some marketers will overcome these two challenges and gain substantive advantage by leveraging the opportunities outlined in the trends.