The collection of New Year's resolutions for marketing are out. Here' my summary as well as a list that I found interesting to consider.
- I will think strategically and focus on 'why' we will be successful, not just 'how.'
- I will know in advance what the objective is and how I'll know that it has been met or not.
- I will go on a data diet and abolish vanity metrics.
- I will tell stories and respect a consumers time when asking for something of value.
- I will abandon militaristic language in favor of communal terms - e.g. lead vs. inquiry.
- I will view media as a set of tools that integrate to support a seamless experience.
- I will experiment because nobody has a silver bullet.