Why should we evaluate programs?
Assumptions, like forecasts, are always wrong. What's interesting is understanding why they are wrong. It is the understanding of how current programs work today that makes our jobs interesting. And since nothing is forever, although Google never forgets, tried and true methods that worked in the past run the risk of being irrelevant today -- particularly in Internet marketing.
So, here are my Power Points:
1. Never assume what worked will continue to work.
2. If somebody says "I think..." they're probably wrong.
3. Don't get in the rut of 'set and forget'; it will erode quickly.
4. Tweak, tinker, and test - continuously.
5. Know what you're trying to achieve in the first place.