Tim Leberecht's post on Pop!Tech about "marketing with meaning" provides a great summary of the purpose behind the campaign - any campaign. It provides a holistic view of what we need to achieve; it even illustrates how various tactics fit in.
Using the Starbuck's "I'm In" campaign as background, Tim outlines the elements of style for marketing.
- Social - as a brand, we're part of the community
- Personal - it's one step at a time; micro-focused
- Storytelling - relate the message via a resonant and simple theme
- Disruptive - challenge the status quo of our thinking
- Responsible - offer a collective, aspirational purpose