'Tis the season to start publishing trends for next year.
The first set is from trendwatching, a global trend spotting organization. Three of note:
- Data Myning: the reversal of data ownership from businesses to the individual consumer. The challenge for marketers will be to find the right balance between anticipating needs and watching.
- Full Frontal: changing the mind set from saying 'we have nothing to hide' to proving it. The discussion needs to move toward permitted use and governance and away from privacy.
- MobileMoments: using digital snacks to maximize experiences. Apps like 'snapchat' allow images to be shared for seconds before self destructing. The half-life of interest just got shorter.
- Tailored to the Consumer - I want what I want, not what you want to send all of us.
- Placed above the Channel - I am a cyborg, my life is more social and rich because of seamless mobile interactions.
- About the Experience, not the Word - I can dedicate all my senses for a brief moment of time, so please stimulate them
- EBrkiks Infotech's slideshare on digital trends.
- From a brand marketing perspective, Brand Strategy offers this view.
- It's back to basics; less tricks as control continues to shift toward consumer.