Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Electronic Lists: End of the Data Card

Did Oscar Goldman have it right, can we rebuild a business?

The list business is shifting as aggregators provide access to 100s if not 1,000s of different lists. If they have all those lists I no longer want individual PDFs for each individual list, I want information to help me choose the combination of lists that satisfies my needs.

I want to drop one list on top of another to see the overlap and net-down. I also want to use my housefile as well. Lists with high duplicate rates may outperform other sources due to intrinsic factors not readily seen in ‘factoids.’

We need to separate the cost model from the need model. I'll pay for performance not volume.

PS – We have the technology and it won’t cost $6m

No comments: